- An excellent source of vitamin C,
- Contain folate and potassium.
- Low in calories and high in fiber.
- Provide anticancer bioflavonoids
- Provoke allergies in many people.
- Contain oxalic acid , which reduces mineral absorption and may aggravate kidney and bladder stones.
Strawberries are delicious, low in calories ( about 40 per cup), and very high in vitamin C, In fact, weight for weight, they are a better source of this vitamin that oranges,One cup contains about 90 mg, or 100 percent of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for adults. Strawberries are also a good source of folate; 1 cup provides about 30 mcg (micro grams), or roughly 7 percent of the RDA, as well as 250 mg of potassium, 3 of fiber, and useful amounts of riboflaving and iron..