- An Excellent source of calcium.
- A good source of vitamins A, B12, and D, riboflavin, phosphorus, Zinc, and magnesium.
- Low -fat dairy products are how in cholesterol and high in protein.
- Whole milk and cream contain saturated fat.
- Some people cannot digest milk sugar.
- Milk protein can trigger allergic reactions in susceptible people.
Milk is an excellent source of dietary calcium, a minerl needed to build healthy bones nad teeth and to maintain many of the basic fuctions of the human body, Calcium helps to prevent osteroporosis, and recent studies indicate that it may also protect against high blood pressur and colon cancer, Milk also provides high quality protein, vitamins and other minierals.
Two to four servings a day of milk and other dairy food are recommended, one serving is equal to 1 cup to milk.
DID YOU KNOW ?
YOU CNA LOSE WEIGHT BY DRINKING MILK INSTEAD OF SOFT DRINKS
A 2003 study indicates that dairy products may play a role in weight loss. a group of 323 girls in Hawaii lost both weight and abdominal girth when they consumed just 1.5 servings of dairy foods daily. One cup of milk or a small piece of cheese resulted in 0.03 in (0.9 mm) less abdominal fat and a decrease of as much as 2.2 lb (1kg) of body weight. The benefits were offset when the girls drank soft drinks, Researchers assume boys would experience similar results..