- Excellent sources of vitamin C, beta carotene, and potassium; lesser amounts of other vitamins and minerls.
- Cotain various polyphenols, whichy may protect against cancer and other disease.
- High in fiber and low in calories.
- A Source of natural sugars that provide quick energy.
- Some provoke allergic reactions and asthma attacks in susceptible people.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE : Today fruuits are lauded for their nutritional value as well as for their pleasing flavour.
Fruits are rich inantioxidants, Numerous studies demonstrate that people who et ample amounts of fruits ( health experts recommend 5 to 10 servings a day ) enjoy a reduced incidence of cancer, heart attacks and strokes, A large study found that men and women who ate five to six servings of fruits and vegetables had a lower risk of heart disease compared to those who ate fewer thn three servings. Researchers believe that the high amounts of antioxidants. especially vitamins C and A ( in the form of its precursor, beta carotence), in most fruits protect against these and possibly other disease.
EATING PEARS AND APPLES MAY HELP SHED WEIGHT : one study suggests that adding pears and apples to your daily diet may help you lose weight faster. Researchers studied the impact of fruit intake on overweight women who ate just 10 oz (300 g) per day of apples or pears while followin a low calories diet., They found tht the women who ate fruuits lost more weight than the women who didn't..